Date of Post: 03 Oct, 2017
New Delhi: SAIL has appointed ACB Mining Private Ltd as developer & operator for its 14 mtpa iron ore block at Rowghat in Chhattisgarh, an official said.
The official said, SAIL’s Bhilai Steel Plant has signed an agreement with ACB Mining Private Ltd. for the development & operation of Rowghat iron ore mines.
The agreement was signed on September 25.
- Under the agreement, ACB Mining will develop the iron ore mines for a period of 30 years & commercial production would begin from 2022.
- The official said, the Rowghat iron-ore project has been a crucial & important for Bhilai Steel Plant in view of iron ore security for the plant, as ore in existing mines would be exhausted in another 4-5 years period.
- SAIL had perceived the Rowghat project 25 years back as future source for iron ore for Bhilai Steel Plant.
- The steelmaker received final clearances for the project in 2009.
- Also, the company is investing Rs 1,142 crore (approx US$ 174.3 Million) to create logistics infrastructure such as building Rail Line network from Dalli-Rajhara to Rowghat for transporting iron ore & the work would be completed by 2022.