Date Of Post: 08 Feb, 2018
Hyderabad: The ongoing MMTS (Multi-Modal Transit System) Phase-II Project is targeted for completion in 2018-19, a senior railway officer said. MMTS Phase-II project was sanctioned in 2012-13 with an estimated cost of Rs 817 crore, South Central Railway (SCR) General Manager Vinod Kumar Yadav said.
- Yadav said,”The expenditure incurred on this project during the last three years is Rs 470 crore. The sections between Telapur Ramachandrapuram for 5.75 Kms and Moula AliGhatkesar for 12.2 Kms are targeted to completed in the next few months.”
- He said, the works in the remaining stretch is in progress except to the International Airport (at Shamshabad) connectivity.
- The project is targetted for completion in 2018-19, he added.
- He said,”The Railways portion of money has already been spent and funds are expected from (Telangana) government.”
- Yadav said, SCR has got a substantial budgetary allocation for 2018-19.
- He said,”With regard to Telangana, this year (2018-19), the budget allocation is Rs 1,813 crore, which is 5% more than the allocation of Rs 1,729 crore during the previous year 2017-18.”
- Yadav said, with regard to Andhra Pradesh (AP), this year (2018-19), the Budget allocation is Rs 3,670 crore, which is 8% more than the allocation of Rs 3,406 crore during the previous year 2017-18.
Image Credit: Adityamadhav83 – Wikimedia Commons