Date of Post: 4 Feb, 2019
Allotment of funds to the tune of Rs 7,010 crore has been made in the interim Union budget for East Coast Railway (ECoR), which is 13% more than last year’s provision. This includes all budgetary heads including projects, electrifications, passenger amenities, workshops, track and staff amenities in its jurisdiction, which covers most parts of Odisha, ECoR in a statement said.
- It said, allotment for new lines this year has been pegged at Rs 2,630 crore which is 67% more than the last year’s provision.
- A new 14.5 km line has been sanctioned between Talcher and Angul with an estimated cost of Rs 278 crore, it said.
- The allotment for passenger amenities is to the tune of Rs 181 crore, up from Rs 82 crore provided last year, an increase of 119%, it added.
- At least 6 other new railway line projects find place in the interim Union budget.
- The ECoR release said, these include:
- 98.7 km-long Angul-Sukinda Road with a budget grant of Rs 250 crore
- Haridaspur-Paradip (82 km) with Rs 400 crore
- Khurda Road- Balangir (289 km) with Rs 350 crore
- 154 km Talcher-Bimalagarh line has been allotted an amount of Rs 150 crore
- Jeypore-Malkanagiri (127 km) has got Rs 70 crore
- Jeypore-Nawarangpur (38 km) granted Rs 10 crore
- A total of over Rs 1,685 crore has been allotted for several doubling and 3rd line projects including-
- Sambalpur-Talcher (174.11 km)
- Sambalpur-Titlagarh (182.11KMs)
- Bansapani-Daitari-Tomka-Jakhapura (180 KM)
- Bhadrak-Nergundi-3rd Line (80 km)
- Vizianagaram-Sambalpur 3rd Line
- The other projects are:
- Jarapada-Budhapank 3rd & 4th Line
- Budhapank-Salegaon 3rd & 4th Line
- Koraput-Singapur Road
- Manoharpur-Bandhamunda 3rd Line
- Rourkela-Jharsuguda 3rd Line
- Bandhamunda-Rourkela 4th Line
To know more about recent developments of of Railways –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )