Date of Post : 12 Nov, 2018
Mumbai: Up to Rs 65,000 crore has been approved for a host of rail infrastructure projects on the suburban network in Mumbai, said Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal. These projects, investment for which were proposed in this year’s Union budget, include new works and upgradation of existing facilities on the busy network, which serves as the transport lifeline of the metropolis, he said.
- The state government has been actively supporting these infrastructure projects, which seek to improve transportation and passenger amenities, Goyal said.
- “With the blessings of our visionary Prime Minister Narendra Modi and with active support of Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, the decision of having an investment of a whopping Rs 60,000 to Rs 65,000 crore in the last proposed budget has been approved.”
- The minister said,”This will ensure upgradation of the suburban railway system of Mumbai and its adjacent areas.”
- Goyal said,”Given the pace at which the infrastructure and public amenity works are being executed by the Railways, I believe that in the next 4 to 4-and-a-half years, the suburban rail network of Mumbai, Navi Mumbai or Mahamumbai will see a complete metamorphosis.”
- He was speaking after commissioning of the new Nerul- Seawoods Darave-Belapur-Kharkopar suburban rail corridor in Navi Mumbai.
- This is the first phase of the 27km Nerul-Belapur -Uran corridor on the Harbour route of the Central Railway.
- Fadnavis has set a target of Maharashtra becoming a trillion-dollar economy by 2025, addressing the gathering Goyal said.
- He said, the Indian Railways will play a crucial role in achieving this target.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information