Date Of Post: 25 Apr, 2018
Chandigarh: The state government has made concerted efforts for setting up of proposed rail coach refurbishing and rehabilitation factory at Barhi of Ganaur in Sonepat district, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar, on Tuesday, said. He said, the factory would be set up at a cost of about Rs 600 crore.
- The setting up of this factory would provide direct & indirect employment to thousands of youth, and opportunities of skill development, Khattar said.
- Khattar said in an official release, this project would accelerate the pace of development and would benefit setting up of various subsidiary units, small and medium enterprises.
- The HSIIDC (Haryana State Industrial & Infrastructure Development Corporation) has cleared all technical barriers for setting up of this factory.
- The release said, the HSIIDC would give 161.48 acres of land to the Railways on lease of 99 years where around 500-700 rail coaches would be refurbished & rehabilitated.
- Both the HSIIDC & railways have agreed on all necessary points of the project and the process of land transfer.
- The possession of this land of the HSIIDC would soon be given to the Railways.
- After the transfer of land to the Railways, the construction work would be started within 5 years.