Date of Post: 5 Feb, 2019
Kochi: The governing body of the Vyttila Mobility Hub Society (VMHS) chaired by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Monday approved the Phase-2 of Vyttila Mobility Hub. There is also an in principle sanction from French funding agency (AFD) to fund Rs 472 crore on a long term loan basis.
- The state government is expected to fund Rs 118 crore of the total Rs 590 crore needed for the project, according to the plan.
- The project is estimated to be completed in 2 years.
- The AFD is also funding Kochi Metro’s phase-1 and phase-2 project.
- In phase-2, the VMHS is planning to convert the existing centre to a state of the art Mobility Hub interconnecting various modes of transport.
- The phase-2 will cover an area of approximately 26.8 acres.
- The KMRL (Kochi Metro Rail Ltd) will be the executing agency of the project.
- VMHS will focus on providing seamless connectivity between various modes of transport like water metro, buses, metro, ferry, auto rickshaws and cabs in a passenger-centric manner.
- The Kochi metro station is located at the existing hub and there will also be a boat jetty on the other side.
To know more about recent developments of Kochi Metro-
29 Jan, 2019 : Kochi Metro to launch ‘Data Innovation Challenge’ Tomorrow
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )