Date of Post: 02 Dec, 2017
Mumbai: The worth Rs 4,000 crore Metro rail project in Navi Mumbai will finally be operational by December 2018. The work was progressing according to the revised schedule & the new timeline will most likely to be met, Cidco (City & Industrial Development Corporation) officials said. Since they had acquired all the permissions & secured the cooperation of agencies, they were confident of meeting the new target and getting it up & running on schedule, they added.
- Mohan Ninawe, senior public relations officer, Cidco, said,“The Cidco initiated the project, meant to boost the city’s transport facilities, in 2011. The Belapur-to-Pendhar line is the first of three we are working on.”
- Work has been divided into four parts —
- 95 percent of the viaduct work had been completed, Ninawe said.
The Taloja Depot
- He said,“Work on the Taloja depot has been completed and the diesel locomotive engine that arrived has been kept there.”
- Over Rs 120 crore has been spent on completing 94 percent of the Metro depot.
- He said,“Once the work on line 1 is completed, we will start work on line 3 — the Taloja-MIDC link. Following this, construction of the Khandeshwar link will be initiated.”