Date of post: 11 Feb, 2019
Chennai: The State government has allocated Rs 2,681 crore for the Chennai Metro rail project in the budget for 2019-20 as share capitals and debt. The first Phase of Metro rail project will be fully commissioned during February, presenting the budget on 08.02.2019, Tamil Nadu Deputy Chief Minister and Finance Minister O. Panneerselvam said.
- The extension of Phase-1 covering a length of 9km up to Tiruvottriyur / Wimco Nagar is expected to be commissioned by June 2020.
- During 2018-19, an amount of Rs 1,950 crore was allocated for the project
- He said, as announced already, feasibility study is also being taken up for the extension of metro rail line from Meenambakkam Airport to Kilambakkam metro bus terminus.
- Of the approved 118.90 km of 3 corridors, JICA would fund Rs 20,196 crore for implementing the priority stretches totalling 52.01 km from Madhavaram to Sholinganallur and Madhavaram to CMBT.
- Also, the state government has accorded administrative sanction for a total cost of Rs 40,941 crore for the project.
- The funding arrangements for other stretches are also in progress.
- By implementing the Phase-2 of the project, the metro rail network in the Chennai metropolitan area would increase to 172.91 km.
To know more about recent developments of Chennai Metro-
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )