Date of Post: 31 July, 2018
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh will soon become first state of India to get Rapid Rail in the phase-1 of implementation of RRTS. The ambitious rapid rail project will connect Delhi to Meerut in the first corridor. The Central government, ahead of the next elections in 2019, is in the process of giving green signal to the project soon.
- Recently, the NCRTC (National Capital Region Transport Corporation) team held a presentation under the chairmanship of UP Chief Secretary in Lucknow.
- The experts from UP Metro Rail Corporation and other officials were also present on the occasion.
- The works related to the first corridor between Delhi and Meerut has already begun.
- For this, road widening works from Duhai to Sahibabad in Ghaziabad is currently underway.
- Also, the tender process for various works is on a fast track.
- Meanwhile, the Government has taken cognisance of all such projects which can be started in the next few months.
- Under this, the preparation of Rapid Rail is also to be done this year.
- NCRTC is a Joint Venture of Government of India and State Governments of Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Haryana and Delhi, is mandated to design, construct, operate and maintain rail based RRTS (Regional Rapid Transit System) in the National Capital Region.
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .