Date of Post: 20 Aug, 2018
New Delhi: The upcoming rapid rail system in Delhi-NCR will have a ‘business coach’. The lounge of the business coach will also have AFC gates. The business coach is likely to be placed at the end of the rapid rail, given that the ist coach is generally designated as the women’s coach.
- The business coach will have a 2×3 seating arrangement, while the air-conditioned general coaches will have a 2×2 seating arrangement.
- A senior official of National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC), said,“With the introduction of a business coach, we wish to project RRTS as a public mode of transport that is amenable to people of all classes.”
- Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) is a rail based high-speed transit system with a design speed of 180 kmph and an average speed of 100 kmph.
- Once operational, it will be the fastest, most comfortable and safest mode of commuter transport in NCR.
- A total of 8 corridors have been identified for creating high speed RRTS links in the Delhi-NCR, of which 3 corridors – Delhi to Meerut, Delhi to Alwar and Delhi to Panipat – are being taken up for development in the 1st phase.
- The 3 corridors will converge at Sarai Kale Khan in New Delhi, and will also have seamless integration with other modes of transportation, such as Delhi Metro Rail Stations, ISBTs (Inter-state Bus Terminals), Airports, and Indian Railways Stations.
- The Delhi to Meerut corridor will be expected to be operational by 2023
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .