Post of Date: 13 Nov, 2018
The RRTS (Regional Rapid Transit System) project between Haryana and Rajasthan – covering Delhi-Gurugram-Rewari-Alwar – will get a major boost next year as the the Detailed Project Report is in advanced stages of finalisation with Haryana keen to begin the work, said officials of NCRTC (National Capital Region Transport Corporation).
- “The Delhi-Gurugram -Alwar RRTS corridor’s implementation is being planned in 3 phases. While Phase-I will start from Delhi (Sarai Kale Khan) to SNB (Shahjahanpur-Neemrana- Behrod), Phase-II will stretch from SNB to Sotanala and phase-III will extend from SNB to Alwar,” said Sudhir Sharma, spokesperson, NCRTC.
- He said that this ‘Smart Line’ will pass through industrialised areas of Haryana and Rajasthan, increasing the productivity of a large number of commuters travelling from Delhi and Gurugram to regions in Manesar, Bawal and Neemrana.
- In Phase-I implementation, this line will originate from Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi & will connect Jorbagh, Munirka, Aerocity to Udyog Vihar, Sec-17, Rajiv Chowk, Khir ki Daula, Manesar, Panchgaon, Bilaspur Chowk, Daruhera, MBIR, Rewari, Bawal and SNB in Haryana.
- Officials said, further, with the alignment of the Delhi-Gurugram-Alwar corridor passing through the Millennium City of Gurugram, the adjoining regions such as Manesar, Daruhera and others will directly benefit from it.
- The fast connectivity will also help in developing new industrial and service centres along the corridor.
- The RRTS is a rail-based, high-speed transit system with a design speed of 180 kmph and an average speed of 100 kmph.The first 3 corridors planned in phase-I are Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut, Delhi-Gurugram-Alwar and Delhi-Sonepat-Panipat.
- Officials said, the pre-construction work such as geo-technical survey, road widening, and utility diversion has begun along the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor.
To know more about recent developments of RRTS –
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .