Date of Post : 28 Aug, 2017
JAMMU: One more step put forward to initiate metro rail project in Jammu. Rail India Technical and Economic Service (RITES) has prepared the Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the metro rail project in Jammu and it will be handed over to the Economic and Reconstruction Agency (ERA) in September.
DPR & OTHER PROJECT DETAILS
- RITES, has been engaged by Economic and Reconstruction Agency (ERA) to prepare DPR of Metro rail in Jammu and Srinagar.
- In the first phase, the suggestion came to operate the metro rail on the 36 km area of the city.
- According to the sources, DPR being prepared on the three routes:
- Bantalab to Bus Stand, 7 Stations
- Nagbani to Bus Stand, 4 Stations
- Bari Brahmin to Bus Stand, 7 Stations
DMRC & RITES TO HELP IN CARRYING OUT THE WORK FOR JAMMU METRO
- The report submitted by the departments on behalf of the Divisional Commissioner of Jammu has been sent to the Government of India for approval.
- On the commencement of construction work to run a Metro train, the Economic and Reconstruction Agency will also seek assistance from DMRC.
- According to the Department Sources, billions of rupees will be spent to run the Metro.
- The JDA department has completed the formalities of the first phase, the run the metro train.
- The construction agency is also awaiting the DPR.
- The JDA Department and IRA will apply for the loan to complete the work of Metro, after the DPR is being prepared.
- After the loan is being approved, the work of platform and track construction is likely to commence in December.
THESE WILL BE THE ROUTES OF JAMMU METRO
- First Route: Bantalab, Janipur, Rihadi, KACHI CHAWNI, Parade, Shalamar to Bus Stand
- Second Route: Nagbani, Kanal via Jule Chowk to Bus Stand
- Third Route: Bari Brahmin, Kunjwani, Shastri Nagar, Trikuta Nagar, Gandhi Nagar, Exhibition grounds to Bus stand