Date Of Post: 13 Apr, 2018
New Delhi: Reliance Infrastructure (RInfra) joint venture with Italy’s Astaldi SPA has won a contract worth Rs 1,584 crore for Mumbai Metro line 4. RInfra said in a statement,”RInfra EPC has received the Letter of Award from Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) for three packages worth Rs 1,584 crore for construction of North-South Metro-4 corridor which will run between Kasarvadavali in Thane and Wadala.”
About The Contract-
- The statement said, the scope of work includes part design & construction of elevated viaduct and stations (excluding architectural finishing & pre-engineered steel roof structure of stations) of Line 4.
- This includes entry & exit structures of the stations.
- RInfra had participated in the tender for Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) contracts for 5 packages in a joint venture with Astaldi.
- The statement said, the 32.32 km long Wadala-Ghatkopar-Thane-Kasarvadavali Metro will connect Wadala in central Mumbai with the neighbouring Thane district via the Eastern Express highway.
- The Metro Corridor will provide more North-South rail connectivity and reduce the burden on the suburban rail network, according to MMRDA.
- The company is keenly pursuing project opportunities worth around Rs 2 lakh crore to increase the EPC order book to Rs 50,000 crore by 2018-19, it said.
- The infrastructure major has been focusing on projects in power, roads, railways, defence & ports.
Image Credit: arzankotval2002 – Flickr