Date Of Post: 19 Jan, 2018
Lucknow : Lucknow’s iconic Charbagh Railway station is going to turn into a world class station, after the proposed makeover gets completed.
The Indian Railways is expecting to spend around Rs 6,000 Crores on the redevelopment of the station.
Image Credit: Vineet Wal – Flickr
The Iconic Charbagh Station – Redevelopment
- The project is believed to be three years long.
- Many modern facilities will be a part of the all new Charbagh Railway Station in Lucknow along with it’s changed looks.
- The station will undergo an expansion and be connected to the Lucknow metro.
- General Manager of Northern Railways A.K Puthia says that a much anticipated yard remodeling proposal was sent to the railway board and hopefully it will get a green signal soon. Minister of State for Railways Manoj Sinha has also been informed in this regard.
- Trains like Lucknow Mail, New Delhi Superfast, Sadbhavna Express and other trains are expected to run on electric engines.
- Many trains that had to wait almost two kilometers away from the station, earlier, due to lack of space in station yard or due to blocking of entry or exit lines.
- Charbagh station has two line entry and two line exit, making trains to halt at the outer areas. The present plan proposes a four line entry and exit from Alambagh and Dilkusha side to Lucknow station besides providing one island platform (with two faces).
- A foot-over bridge would also be constructed to connect these new platforms.
- The plan of a new and modern Charbagh Railway Station will completely change the look of the city and be of great help to the people. Hopefully, Lucknow Metro will also be fully operational in the city by then.
Image Credit: IRSDC
The Proposed Changes At The Station
- The outer heritage look of the station will remain untouched
- The inside will be going under modernization that will make the station look no less than an airport.
- The station will be disabled friendly
- There will be lifts for convenience of the passengers.
- A separate arrival and departure are also the part of the plan, to make it less crowded.
- The proposal for yard remodeling will also aim at facilitating smooth operation of trains in Charbagh.
Image Credit: Mohit – Wikimedia Commons