Date of Post: 08 Sep, 2017
Nagpur: On Thursday, Rajesh Kumar, executive director (urban transport high speed) of RDSO (Research Design & Standards Organization), inspected the track and other infrastructure of the grade section of Nagpur Metro.
DURING THE INSPECTION
- The official reached the Mihan depot and then travelled by Metro & track inspection vehicle to New Airport station, a distance of 5.08 kms.
- After inspecting the depot, Kumar had a look at the OHE (overhead electrical) system & the traction substation (TSS). Kumar is on a 2 day visit to Nagpur Metro.
- Then he boarded the inspection trolley & reached Khapri station.
- He inspected the work of the under construction Metro station.
KUMAR EXPRESSED SATISFACTION OVER THE SET UP
- Kumar expressed satisfaction over Nagpur Metro’s set up, according to Maha Metro spokesperson.
- He may visit the casting yard of the project, today.
- The official had cleared documents for 7 approvals needed for Nagpur Metro project.
- The RDSO team that will conduct trial of Nagpur Metro rail will arrive in the city in 3rd or 4th week of this month.
- The RDSO trial is the first stage in getting the green light for commercial operation of Nagpur Metro.
- This will be followed by a trial conducted by CMRS (commissioner of Metro rail safety), the commercial operation can commence only after CMRS clears the project.
Image Credit: Nagpur Metro