2 stations of Rapid Metro rail Phase 2 — Sector 42-43 & Sector 53-54 — were opened to the public on Tuesday. The two stations are to benefit commuters from Golf Course Road, one of the busiest roads in the city. They will also facilitate traffic movement and meet the transportation requirement of people working in Golf Course Road & South Gurgaon, said a spokesperson of Rapid Metro rail.
- Soon, the Sector 42-43 station will have parking facility open to the public.
- Along with this, the Rapid Metro rail Gurgaon has also tied up with Shuttl to provide AC bus services & e-rickshaws for its commuters.
- The Sector 53-54 station provides access to South Point Mall, Parsvnath Exotica and Genpact, while the Sector 54 chowk station will help commuters from Suncity, Jalvayu Vihar, Vatika Tower & AIT University.
- The spokesperson said, finally, the Sector 55-56 metro station will be helpful for residents of Sector 55 and 56 and near the Golf Course area.
- Built at a cost of Rs2,423 crore (approx US$ 378.7 Million), seven trains operate on the 6.6 kilometres Phase 2 track at an interval of 4 to 5 minutes.
- The whole 11.7 kilometres loop (which includes Phase 1) is completed in less than 22 minutes.
- Those travelling within Phase 2 metro stations & Sikanderpur metro station need to pay Rs20.
- Barring Sikanderpur metro station, those travelling from Phase 2 to Phase 1 metro stations need to pay Rs35.
- Once fully operational, Phase 2 is likely to increase Rapid Metro’s ridership to 70,000 to 80,000 passengers daily.