Dibrugarh: On Sunday, Assam got its first Shatabdi Express with Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain flagging off the train from Dibrugarh. The new Shatabdi Express train (No. 12085/12086) will run between Dibrugarh – Guwahati. While flagging off the train Gohain said,“There was a long-standing demand for better rail connectivity with Guwahati from Dibrugarh and the Dibrugarh-Guwahati Shatabdi Express would fulfil that demand of the people.”
About the Shatabdi Express Train
- The train will have 10 AC Chair Car coaches & 2 luggage-cum-generator cars.
- The train will have seven intermediate stoppages.
- The total fare, which includes charges for food, for one adult passenger from Guwahati to Dibrugarh will be Rs 1,095 and between Dibrugarh and Guwahati will be Rs 1,010.
- The Shatabdi trains are among the fastest and most prestigious trains of the Indian Railways (IR) along with Rajdhani & Duronto trains which connect metro cities with other important cities from the point of view of tourism, pilgrimage or business.
- The minister said,“The train would have latest fully air-conditioned LHB Coaches to provide safety and extra comfort. Travellers would be provided with bottled water, juice, coffee or tea, and meals relevant to time of day of the journey.”
- Also, he called upon the people of the region, specially the rail users, to take care of railway property & consider it to be their own.
- The minister appealed to the people not to damage the interior or exterior of a beautiful train like Shatabdi & keep it clean.
- Saying that PM Modi placed special emphasis on the development of the northeastern region, Gohain assured the state that the Railways would continue to work for development in the region.