Date of Post : 01 Mar 2019
The CLW (Chittaranjan Locomotive Works) recently produced a semi-high-speed passenger WAP-7HS locomotive, which is capable of running at a speed of 160 kmph.
- The recently manufactured WAP-7HS is expected to facilitate operation of premium trains of Indian Railways such as Rajdhani Express, Shatabdi Express and Duronto Express at higher speeds on the tracks .
- The WAP-7HS locomotive shall be put into service after statuary tests and trials by (Electric Loco Shed Ghaziabad) of Northern Railway zone.
- The designing and development of the WAP-7HS locomotive have been done indigenously at the Chittaranjan Locomotive Works,located in Asansol, at West Bengal.
- To enhance the speed of the WAP-7HS locomotive, a weight reduction of around 14 tonnes have been carried out.
- The gear ratio was changed to 3.2 (70:22) from 3.6 (72:20).
- The software modification has also been carried out in order to optimize slip-slide control as well as tractive effort.Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently flagged off an all-new converted energy-efficient electric locomotive in Varanasi, creating history by converting a diesel locomotive into an electric one for the first time in the entire world. The project was completed in a record duration of 69 days, starting from December 22, 2017, to February 28, 2018 with great interest. According to the Indian Railways , the conversion cost of diesel to electric locomotive is less than midlife rehabilitation cost of a diesel locomotive.
To know more about recent developments of of Railways –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )