New Delhi: The Indian Railways (IR) is working on a roadmap to collaborate with Malaysia to redevelop around 20 stations in Tier-II cities across India.
- The redevelopment project is aimed at attracting about Rs 1 lakh crore private investment & is also expected to revamp the infrastructure at platforms as well as circulating areas.
- Also, commercial development of station areas is in focus.
- Reportedly, it will forge a long-term partnership with Malaysia on a government-to-government grounds for the same, a senior Railway Ministry official stated.
- Recently, a meeting was conducted with the Malaysian officials, in which they expressed interest in the station redevelopment project.
- An ambitious project offering about 400 stations to be redeveloped in PPP (Public–private partnership) model, has already been launched by the Indian Railways.
People Also Viewed :
- 5 July, 2017 9 Countries Shows Interest in Indian Railways Station Redevelopment Programme
- 6 July, 2017 July 24, The New Deadline to Submit Bids for Redevelopment of Kozhikode Railway Station
- 19 July, 2017 Malaysian Delegation expressed interest in Station Redevelopment Program
- 1 July, 2017 Railway To Develop 500 Railway Stations Under PPP Mode
- 21 June, 2017 A Consortium Of Malaysian Developers Requested To Extend Date To Submit Bids For 7 Railway Stations
- 14 September, 2017 ITC and The Leela Submitted bids for 5-star hotel project above Gandhinagar railway station
- 4 August, 2017 MoU signed between RLDA & IRCON International Limited for Redevelopment of Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station
- 7 August, 2017 Railways to Revamp Stations Without Spending a Penny, Read All Information Here
- 24 July, 2017 IRCTC Plans to Install 1100 Water Vending Machines at 450 Stations
- 27 July, 2017 Railways To Upgrade 24 railway stations To Boost Tourism