Date of Post: 21 Nov, 2018
Allahabad: Railways will use technology, including Artificial Intelligence (AI), in a big way to tackle the massive rush of passengers to this holy city during the upcoming Kumbh Mela. IBM Intelligent Video Analytics will be pressed into service, a first for the Railways, for crowd control at stations and its adjoining areas during the Ardh Kumbh Mela.
- A new mobile App, Kumbh Rail Seva, will soon be launched to disseminate information to train users and others travelling to the world’s largest religious event.
- Rajeev Choudhury, General Manager, North Central Railway said,”We have finalised the action plan for this Kumbh Mela taking all possible factors into consideration.”
- Railways is focusing mainly on crowd management at the main junction and its adjoining railway stations.
- Choudhury said,”We will be using the technology in a significant way to facilitate crowd movement in a smooth way.”
- “While IBM will provide video analytics service using Artificial Intelligence for crowd control, there will be large number powerful CCTV cameras to monitor the situation and LED screens for displaying information,” Choudhury added.
- Besides, social media will be extensively used for keeping the pilgrims updated on a real-time basis.
- Over 5,000 GRP (Government Railway Police) and RPF (Railway Protection Force) personnel will be deployed to manage the crowd movement at 10 railway stations in and around the city, including Allahabad, Prayag, Prayag Ghat, Jhunsi, Naini, Cheoki and Allahabad City.
- Work is underway to make operational a new platform, a foot-over bridge and skywalks etc. infra projects, at the stations to ensure hassle-free movement of passengers.
- Each railway station will have its own traffic management plan.
To know more about recent developments of Railways–
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information