Date of Post: 19 July, 2018
New Delhi: The Indian Railways took up 180 new line projects including 34 new lines in Bihar.
- Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain told the Lok Sabha in a written reply that,”Railways have taken up 180 new line projects in various states which are in various stages of execution”.
- The project will include 34 new lines in Bihar, 18 each in West Bengal and Andhra Pradesh.
- The project also includes other two lines in Kerala and each one in New Delhi and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Rajen Gohain also said that most of the new line projects took up primarily on socio-economic consideration in backward and remote areas which ensures speedy development for areas which are economically backward.
- The completion of 180 new line projects would require clearances from various department of state government.
- The project also require clearance from central ministries like shifting of utilities, acquisition of land, statutory clearance and forestry & wildlife, the Minister said.
Image Credit: Bidgee – Wikimedia Commons
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India.
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.