Date of Post: 13 Sep, 2018
Bhubaneswar: The Railways have started restructuring and modification work at Puri railway station in Odisha, an official said. While work at Puri railway station started on Wednesday, the cancellation and partial cancellation of trains will start from Friday, the official said.
- The official said that the East Coast Railway has decided to provide free bus services between Bhubaneswar-Puri and Khurda Road – Puri for the bonafide passengers of partially cancelled trains for the safety related mega modernisation work at Puri railway station, during the period.
- Bonafide passengers who are supposed to entrain or detrain at Puri will be provided with free bus service to and from Puri from Khurda Road and Bhubaneswar Railway station for Puri-Howrah-Puri Dhauli Express, Puri-Sambalpur-Puri Inter City, Puri-Howrah-Puri Shatabdi Express and Puri-Tirupati-Puri Express during the period in both the directions.
- During the proposed restructuring work, trains services will be regulated as capacity of Puri station to handle present number of trains will get reduced.
- The official said,“To avoid mass disruption of train services and to avoid large-scale inconvenience to people, total train services have not been cancelled. Rather, a few trains have been cancelled only.”
- Officials said, while the Puri station handles 54 trains on an average per day and also handles 10,000 passengers daily, altogether, 12 pairs of mail/express trains and 4 pairs of local passenger trains will remain cancelled during the restructuring work.
- Similarly, 7 pairs of mail/express trains will be cancelled partially, under which these trains will end its journey and originate at Bhubaneswar and Khurda Road instead of Puri.
Modification and massive works at Puri station involves-
- Shifting of yard layout
- Signalling changes
- Changes in overhead wire equipment
- Sleepers of tracks
To know more about recent developments of Indian Railways-
Image Credit: Sarat Kumar Patra
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .