New Delhi: Railways staff wearing designer uniforms this festive season that reflect the spirit of the nation, designed by one of India’s leading designers, Ritu Beri.
Further To Know :
- Initially, the new designs will be worn by the staff on a few Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains as part of Project Swarn.
- Indian Railways plan to unveil the brand new look of staff on October 2 this year i.e. Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday.
- The idea is to create uniforms that are attractive, impactful and comfortable. The look has to be unified and it should speak about the philosophy of the company,” Ritu Beri.
- The new uniforms is expected to be worn by around five lakh railway employees comprising onboard staff, ticket examiners, station masters, guards, drivers and catering personnel
The Uniforms :
- The uniforms will comprise half and full sleeve T-shirts in different colour combinations
- It will also have fluorescent jackets.
- Beri said that while designing the uniforms, she had to consider many aspects such as weather conditions, varied destinations, and the enormous numbers.
- “One of the concepts given by us to the ministry is reflector jackets and T-shirts, which enables an identity creation and would be easily recognisable in the crowd,” she said.