Date of Post: 4 Jan, 2018
New Delhi: Railway Minister Piyush Goyal said on Thursday that the railways will soon add a new train to its fleet of Rajdhani expresses by starting another Delhi-Mumbai service covering Kalyan, Khandwa and Nasik in the Central Railway zone in Maharashtra.
This will be the first such train passing through the Central zone, covering-
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT)
- Hazrat Nizamuddin
- Currently, there are 2 Rajdhani trains running between Delhi and Mumbai.
- He said, “We will soon flag off another Delhi-Mumbai Rajdhani which will be the first Rajdhani to pass through Central Railways zone. This was a request from the Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis.”
- The present fleet size of Rajdhani trains on the railway network is 23, with 2 catering to Mumbai.
- Presently, 2 Rajdhani trains – 1st from Mumbai Central and the other from Bandra Terminus run on Western Railway.
- This will be the first Rajdhani in the state which will take a detour via Madhya Pradesh, instead of Gujarat.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
03 Jan, 2019: Initiatives for Railway Safety
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information