Date of Post: 31 Dec, 2018
Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal said his ministry would soon approach the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) for clearance of the doubling of the rail line from New Bongaigaon-Guwahati via Rangiya in Assam.
On Dec 29, addressing a review meeting of senior railway officials at NFR (Northeast Frontier Railway) headquarters, Goyal said following inauguration of Bogibeel Bridge, all efforts should now be towards doubling of railway lines in the region for capacity enhancement.
- He asked the officials to prepare a plan of action with in 1 week.
- Goyal spoke to state Forest Minister Parimal Suklabaidya for ensuring quick permission for soil procurement, which is currently hampering progress of project.
- He asked for Vistadome coaches in Lumding-Badarpur hill section and other tourist routes.
- Tetelia-Byrnihat new railway line, doubling of Lumding-Hojai section, Agartala-Sabroom new railway line and international line from Jogbani-Viratnagar would be ready very soon, he was apprised.
- While elaborating on the developmental initiatives of the railways for the northeastern region, Goyal said timely completion of projects had “always been the top-most priority” of the present government and “the added thrust for this had resulted” in timely completion of Bogibeel project.
- The use of sound of honey bee for chasing away elephants from railway tracks was an example of rural innovation that can bring in real transformation, he said.
- NFR’s Rangiya division had successfully installed a mechanism where sound of bee is amplified whenever elephants are spotted near a railway track to chase them away, thereby saving wild elephants from being hit by trains.
- Such mechanism would be considered for replication elsewhere in the country, Goyal said.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .