Date Of Post: 22 Mar, 2018
Bengaluru: The railways have sanctioned a quadrupling project with a provision of two additional lines from Bengaluru Cantt to Whitefield at a cost of Rs 492.87 crore.
The 25 km stretch will involve 6 most important stations-
- Bengaluru Cantonment
- Bengaluru East
- The project will be completed within 2 to 3 years.
- A statement issued by the railway ministry said, it will be a boon for those belonging to the IT hub of Whitefield.
- Currently, 146 & 94 trains are running from Bengaluru & Yesvantpur stations, respectively, out of which 122 are of suburban nature catering to commuters.
- A major portion of the suburban trains are running in Bengaluru-Whitefield section.
- The statement said, in view of increasing commuter requirement, in last one and half year itself, 26 suburban services have been introduced along with 7 long distance trains in Bengaluru area.
- It added, besides, 4 suburban services between KSR Bengaluru- Baiyyappanahalli & Baiyappanahalli- Bengaluru have been introduced.
Image Credit: Abinoh – Wikimedia Commons