Date of Post: 20 Sep, 2017
New Delhi: The railways is planning to introduce a new Rajdhani Express between Mumbai-Delhi line in the next few months, senior officials said.
The train likely to be launched by Diwali.
Mumbai To Delhi In Just 13 hrs
- The train will cover the distance between Bandra & Hazrat Nizamuddin station in Delhi in just 13 hours.
- It will be the 3rd Rajdhani Express to connect the Mumbai with the national capital.
- The new train is faster than other two Rajdhani trains running on this line.
- A senior railways official said,“The trial run for the new train will start in a couple of days. We are using the existing 24-coach Mumbai Rajdhani with two engines to see if we can make the journey shorter by a few hours. We are using Linke Hofmann Busch (LHB) coaches.”
- Alternatively, the railways could introduce the new Rajdhani with 14 coaches & one engine to increase speed, and then determine which of the 2 is the better option, sources said.
- The Train with LHB Coaches
- LHB coaches are of a superior design that reduces the chances of derailment.
- These coaches have anti-climbing features & superior braking.
- LHB coaches, designed to run at a top speed of over 150 kmph, will be able to make the 13-hour cut-off if the current 6 halts were to be brought down to 3 or 2, sources said.