Date of post: 15 Jan, 2019
New Delhi: Railways are planning to roll out a new UDAY Express train in February this year. The new all air-conditioned double-decker chair car train is being manufactured by RCF (Rail Coach Factory) at Kapurthala.
- More information:
- Indian Railways introduced its 1st UDAY Express train between Coimbatore and Bengaluru in 2018.
- Double Decker Express trains are generally fully air-conditioned 2-floor express trains.
- Uday Express was launched to bring in better facilities to low-class sections of India.
- It is a Make In India campaign train where a passenger can enjoy air contioner train services by paying lower than Rs.600 only.
- In Uday Express there are also services like:
– Food and tea Vending machines
– Automatic sliding doors connecting coaches
– Free Wi-Fi
– Comfortable seats
– Anti-graffiti vinyl-wrapped exterior
– LCD screen
– Modular bio toilet.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .