NEW DELHI: The Indian Railways (IR) will launch the Utkrisht Double-Decker AC Yatri (Uday) Express in July, a special class service for overnight journey that will ply on high-demand routes. The Train equipped with comfortable reclining chairs, the 120-seater AC coach will have large automatic food & tea/cold drink vending machines for passengers. Uday service will ply on high-demand routes like Delhi to Lucknow and the fare will be lower than that of 3AC class in regular express/mail trains.
- A senior railway ministry official said, the USP of the double-decker Uday is providing better passenger amenities in less than 3AC fare.
- Since the train will have 40% more carrying capacity comparing with other trains, it will help the public transporter clear the rush in high-demand routes.
- The official said that though it will not have sleeper berths despite being an overnight service, measures have been taken to make the journey comfortable with many added facilities.
- The train announced in rail budget 2016-17 is slated to run at a speed of 110 km speed per hour on high density routes.
- Facilities in the Double-Decker Overnight AC Train
- There will be large LCD screens in every train coach with Wi-Fi speaker system.
- Also, there will be comfortable seats with adequate leg space to relax at night.
- The interior of coaches will be aesthetically designed to give a modern look besides being equipped with bio-toilets.
- As far as catering is concerned, there will be facility for providing pre-cooked hot food from food vending boxes in each coach.