Date of Post: 14 July, 2018
New Delhi: Railways has installed an Automatic Coach Washing Plant at Hazrat Nizamuddin station, providing improved quality of external washing, better utilisation of manpower, time saving, water recycling capacity and controlled use of cleaning material.
- “Automatic Coach Washing Plant set up at H.NZM takes coach cleaning to the next level – providing improved quality of external washing, better utilisation of manpower, time saving, water recycling capacity and controlled use of cleaning material.” Northern Railway (NR) tweeted.
- The Automatic Coach Washing System has a capacity of 250 coaches per day.
- It takes 7-8 minutes to wash a 24-coach rake.
- The new Automatic Coach Washing Plant utilises 20% fresh water and 80% recycled water per coach – giving a big plus in water saving, according to NR.
According to NR, stages of operation of Automatic Coach Washing System-
- Detergent Spray
- Touch-less Chemical Spray
- High Pressure Jet
- Hot Water Jet
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information