Habibganj: IRSDC (Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation) has announced to Redevelop Habibganj Railway Station located in Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh, which is set to become the first station to be built under PPP (public-private partnership) on par with international standards.
The railways has given the contract to local firm Bansal Group to build, maintain & operate the Habibganj station for 8 years.
More About The Redevelopment of Habibganj Railway Station:
- The company has been allotted 4 land parcels on a 45-years lease.
- To Redevelop the Habibganj Railway station, Rs 100 crore (approx US$ 15.63 Million) is being invested & the additional 4 land parcels will be developed into commercial spaces with a budget of Rs 350 crore (approx US$ 54.69 Million).
- The total area adds up to 17, 245 square meters.
- Suresh Prabhu, Railway Minister, will inaugurate the redevelopment work of Habibganj station on June 9.
Habibganj Station To Have These Features:
- It will be converted into a world-class transit hub which will have shopping stores, restaurants, eateries, parking lots, etc.
- The station will be powered by solar energy & it will have facilities for differently-abled persons.
- The transit hub at Habibganj station is said to be designed in such a manner that, in case of any emergency passengers can evacuate the area within 4 minutes.