Date of Post: 24 Dec, 2018
The Indian Railways has won 17 awards at the ‘National Energy Conservation awards 2018’, held in New Delhi. Minister of Railways and Coal Piyush Goyal Piyush Goyal congratulated the officials for this achievement. This is the highest number of awards bagged by a single organisation.
- It participated in 3 categories – Railway stations, Hospitals and Institutions out of the 5 major categories in which awards are given covering different subsectors.
- Under ‘Building’ category, railways got 3 awards for subsector Railway hospitals.
- Under ‘Transport’ category, railways obtained 10 awards for the subsector railway station.
- Under ‘Institution’ category, railways bagged 4 awards for subsector state PWD, CPWD and PHED.
- 10 awards for railway stations subsector include Vidisha station in Madhya Pradesh which won the 1st prize, Jamnagar Station in Gujarat 2nd prize and 7 certificates of merit were given to Dwarka, Nizamabad, Guwahati, Jaipur, Rajkot, Surendranagar, Hyderabad, and Kazipet respectively.
- 3 awards for Railway Hospital subsector include railway hospitals of Izzatnagar division which won the 1st prize, Hospital of Rajkot division 2nd prize and certificate of merit to Railway Hospital of Ratlam division.
- 4 awards for state PWD sub sector include passenger reservation system complex building of Secunderabad division which won the 1st prize, rail Soudha zone headquarter office building 2nd prize and certificates of merit to rail Nilayam in Secunderabad and Hyderabad Bhawan (DRM Hyderabad office) in Secunderabad.
- These awards were given by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency of the Ministry of Power, Government of India to various Institutions for adopting Energy Efficiency measures for reducing energy consumption and the cost.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
20 Dec, 2018: Akkannapet-Medak railway line to be ready by March 2019
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .