Date Of Post: 15 Feb, 2018
New Delhi: Gatimaan Express, India’s fastest train, will extended to Gwalior & Jhansi. The Railway Board has taken a decision to extend the route of Gatimaan Express – which runs between Delhi & Agra at a speed of 160 kmph – to Gwalior and then to Jhansi, Railway Ministry officials said. On the new stretch, the train will run at a speed of 130 kmph and not at its original speed.
- Officials said,”The Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi route is fit for only 130 kmph only, so the train has to run at that speed.”
- Ministry sources indicate that the trains extended run, expected to begin any day now, however, is stuck as the board is still contemplating the fare structure.
- Currently, the fare for travelling in an executive class is Rs 1,505 and a booking for AC chair car costs Rs 755 between Delhi & Agra.
- The board now faces two options:
- Either to reduce the ticket fare in lieu of the reduced speed on Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi stretch
- Stick with the structure for the better amenities it provides.
Gatimaan Express is equipped with modern amenities including-
- Fire alarms
- GPS-based passenger information system
- Automatic sliding doors
- Free Wi-Fi Internet service
Image Credit: Guru Prasad Singh