Date of Post: 12 Dec, 2018
Mumbai: Railways will develop a world class station at Kevadiya near the site of the Statue of Unity in Gujarat’s Narmada district, an official said. President Ram Nath Kovind will lay the foundation stone for the Kevadiya railway station, which will be located at a distance of 5 kms from the imposing structure, on December 15, a Western Railway official said.
- In October, the world’s tallest statue dedicated to India’s first Home Minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was unveiled by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal will attend the event.
- The official added,”The plan to come up with the railway station near the statue is being implemented by the Railway ministry after the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) asked it to develop a state-of-the-art station with a view to increase the tourist foot fall and boost local trad.”
- The Railway Board has sanctioned the work to convert 18 km Dabhoi-Chandod narrow gauge into broad gauge and extension from Chandod to Kevadia Colony by constructing a new 32 km line, he said.
- The official said,”We are carrying out works on 50 km rail tracks to facilitate this railway station which would cost around Rs 663.29 crore.”
- This station will be the first railway station in India with a green building certification from its first day of operation, WR spokesperson Ravinder Bhakar said.
- Bhakar said,”This will help in promoting tourism at the national and international levels.”
- He said,”With a budget of Rs 20 crore, this eco-friendly and aesthetically pleasing station will be decked with local art and culture that will provide direct rail connectivity to the world’s tallest statue. We plan to complete the construction by September 2019.”
- The station will boost the overall development of the region by triggering growth in trade and industries due to broad-gauge connectivity with the Mumbai-Delhi main line via Vadodara, he said.
To know more about recent developments of Railways–
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .