Date of Post: 24 Sep, 2018
Mumbai: Railways has decided to convert the Jaynagar-Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (LTT) Jan Sadharan Express into Antyodaya Express with LHB rakes for increased safety and riding comfort.
The trains will run with LHB coaches from the dates mentioned as under:
- 15547 Jaynagar -LTT Antyodaya Express from 24.9.2018
- 15548 LTT- Jaynagar Antyodaya Express from 27.9.2018
- There will be no change in the composition of the train.
- LHB design coaches are lighter in weight, higher speed potential, increased codal life and better safety features as compared to Integral Coach Factory (ICF) design coaches.
- LHB coaches have a higher carrying capacity of about 10-12 per cent as compared to the corresponding ICF design coaches and have better riding comfort, higher speed potential, longer life, upgraded amenities, provision of control discharge toilet system, lower maintenance requirement, enhanced safety features and aesthetic interiors.
- To provide more safe and comfortable journey the conventional rakes are being replaced by LHB rakes.
- In the current financial year, 48 rakes have already been replaced by LHB rakes upto 15.08.2018 and 66 more rakes are planned to be replaced by 31.03.2019.
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .