Date of Post: 10 Oct, 2017
New Delhi: Railways is planning to build a hydrogen fuel cell & battery powered 300kW broad-gauge locomotive.
The Diesel Locomotive Works, Varanasi has invited tenders by November 22 for components for the project.
The successful bidder will need to have a memorandum of understanding with an indian partner to work on the project.
- The locomotive will have a proton-exchange-membrane-based (PEM) fuel cell power plant with a maximum of 3 air-cooled stack modules each rated at a minimum of 100kW.
- A fuel cell & battery system will provide transient power of 700kW, with a dc/dc boost/buck converter with transformer.
- The hydrogen storage system will consist of 2 modules each comprising carbon fibre/aluminium tanks.
People Also Viewed :
- 5 June, 2017 Railways Aiming To Reduce Emission By 33% In Next 10-12 Years
- 9 October, 2017 Railways Extended The Deadline of Electrifying The Network, To 2020
- 29 July, 2017 New Coaches with Advanced Facilities in Railways Fleet
- 3 June, 2017 Indian Railways May Introduce Smart Locomotives Soon
- 22 November, 2017 Indian Railways To Switch On Electric Locomotives From Diesel Locomotives In The Next Five Years To Save Rs 11,500 Crore Annually
- 5 May, 2017 Railways to invite financial bids worth over Rs 20,000 crore for manufacturing Modern coaches
- 17 October, 2017 Indian Railways Introduces New Special Rajdhani Express Between Delhi – Mumbai Route
- 2 May, 2017 Rajen Gohain flags off Assam’s first Shatabdi Express Train
- 26 April, 2017 Railways to launch Double-decker overnight AC train in July
- 10 June, 2017 Western Railway To Introduce Tejas Train Service Between Mumbai-Ahmedabad From September