Date Of Post: 20 Nov, 2017
Mumbai: The railway administration has approved the design prepared by the army for the construction of a FoB (Foot over-Bridge) at Elphinstone Road. “The work at the site will begin in full swing in December once we have the commissioner of railway safety’s approval,” said Western Railway chief public relations officer Ravinder Bhakar.
- The bridge is being constructed as an extension for the FoB at the northern-end of Elphinstone Road-Parel.
- The bridge will have a landing outside railway station premises in the west.
- The FoB is to be constructed by January 31, 2018, at a cost of around Rs 10 crore.
- Another 12-metre-wide FOB is also coming up at Elphinstone-Parel.
- The work on this bridge will be completed by April 2018.
Army Begins Digging For Soil Testing
- Already, the army has begun digging for soil testing so as to ascertain the depth at which the pillars can be placed.
- The army’s Bombay Engineering Group is working on the project.
- Other defence institutions such as the College of Military Engineering have also been roped in to expedite the work.