Date of Post: 08 Sep, 2017
Gujarat: ‘Vadnagar’ the Home town of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to get a facelift.
The Indian Railways, along with Gujarat tourism & State government, has undertaken the renovation of Vadnagar station & broad gauge conversion of Mehsana-Taranga Hill meter-gauge line, which passes through Vadnagar.
- The announcement came after a meeting held with Railway Board chairman Ashwani Lohani.
- Lohani, along with Anil Kumar Gupta, General Manager, Railways, was in Ahmedabad to review the ongoing projects of the Railways & the arrangements for the foundation-stone laying ceremony of the bullet train.
- The Vadnagar broad gauge conversion will be completed by March 2019, Gupta said.
- The chairman had a meeting with the chief secretary & asked for land to set up a station at Patan on Patan-Bhildi section to connect Rani-Ki-Vav, he said.
- Dr. J N Singh, chief secretary, Gujarat, has assured the railways of allocating the required land.