Date Of Post: 01 Feb, 2018
Mumbai: Union Railway Minister Sh. Piyush Goyal, on Wednesday, expressed satisfaction over the ongoing construction of a FoB (Foot Over Bridge) by the Army at the Elphinstone Road railway station. Central Railway Chief Spokesperson Sunil Udasi said,”The railway minister visited the site of the FOB being built between Parel and Elphinstone Road stations and reviewed the ongoing work. He expressed his satisfaction with the pace with which the Army was executing the project.”
- The major part of the FoB stood completed and can be opened for public in a few days, Udasi said.
- The minister discussed the nitty-gritty of the FOB on Wednesday and gave necessary directions, he said.
- Both General Managers of the Central Railway & Western Railway were present along with officials.
- Western Railway tweeted,”Sh Piyush Goyal, Honble Minister of Railways visited & reviewed the progress of construction of FOBs & other passenger amenities at Elphinstone Road & Lower Parel stations & issued necessary instructions in this regard.”
- Army officials had last month said the FOBs they were constructing at Elphinstone Road & Currey Road stations would be completed and made operational by the end of February, while the FOB at Ambivli station will be commissioned by January 31.
Image Credit: Western Railway