Date Of Post: 29 Mar, 2018
Mumbai: Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal and Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis will inaugurate the extension of Harbour Line services from Andheri to Goregaon, Today. Currently, the Harbour Line, a crucial direct connect for commuters desiring to travel directly to Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus on Central Railway (CR), is available only up to Andheri on Western Railway (WR).
- WR Chief Spokesperson Ravinder Bhakar, said,It is now being extended upto Goregaon on WR with the introduction of 49 new suburban train services.
- This would immediately benefit more than 13,000 daily commuters between Borivali & Andheri who can now board the Harbour Line trains bound for CSMT from Goregaon, bhakar added.
Besides, Goyal and Fadnavis shall throw open a slew of commuter amenities like-
- Elevators at Borivali and Dadar stations on WR
- Escalators at CSMT, Dockyard Road, Thane & Lonavala stations of the CR
- New foot overbridges will be thrown open at Chunabhatti and an extended FOB be inaugurated at Virar.
- Additional services shall be introduced for the toy train running between Neral & the automobile-free hill station of Matheran in Raigad on the CR
- Solar panels shall be dedicated at the Ram Mandir and Santacruz stations
- The newly-installed power-saving LED lights at all stations on WR & CR
Image Credit: Central Railway