Date of Post: 14 Dec, 2018
Vadodara: Railway Minister Piyush Goyal along with the Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani will dedicate India’s first railway university to the nation on December 15 and 3rd such in the world after Russia and China, a senior railway official said.
The National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI) in Vadodara, Gujarat opened its doors to the first batch of 103 students from 20 states in two fully-residential undergraduate courses in September this year.
- Two under-graduate programmes – B.Sc. in Transportation Technology and BBA programme in Transportation Management – started, while the university aims to start masters programme from 2019-20 academic session in areas such as Transportation and Systems Design, Transport Systems Engineering, Transport Policy and Economics, among others.
- The official said,”It is a matter of great pride that such a unique institute offering such diverse courses will be dedicated to the nation on December 15.”
- The student body is highly diverse with 17 girls and 86 boys coming from 20 states.
- 41 students are admitted in BBA – Transportation Management – and 62 students in B.Sc (Transportation Technology) programme.
- The Railways Ministry has sanctioned Rs 421 crores for the project for next 5 years.
- Approx. 110 acres of land at Pipaliya village in Waghodiya Taluka, District Vadodara has been identified for the university.
- Acquisition of the land from the Gujarat government is under process and the master plan of the new campus is being finalised.
To know more about recent developments of Railways–
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .