Date of Post: 21 May, 2018
Patna: Railway minister Piyush Goyal has assured Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi of completing the formalities for transfer of 71 acres of Digha railway line land to the state government, the Deputy CM said.
- A release said, Sushil Modi, who also holds charge of Finance & Commercial Taxes departments, met the railway minister in Delhi and requested him to hand over the land of R-block Digha rail line to the state government which would construct road on it for smooth plying of vehicles.
- He said, the state government is ready to give Rs 221 crore for a 6 km long 150 years old track which had 30 meters of land in width of both sides of track
- The state government has got the re-evaluation of the land done, he added.
- Railway Board Chairman Ashwani Lohani had on April 13 said in Patna that the Railway board has given its in-principle approval for handing over the R-block Digha rail line to the state government for construction of roads.
- He said, the road construction on the land of rail track would not only provide seamless connectivity between north & south Patna but would also reduce the distance between R block & Digha by 2 km.
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .