Date of Post : 01 July, 2017
Mumbai: The government is working on a plan to develop 500 railway stations with local tourism potential under PPP (public-private partnership) mode, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu said.
- The Indian Railways (IR) was exploring methods & means to monetise the huge railway properties & effective land usage for raising finances to offer better travel experience to passengers, Prabhu said.
- As part of the endeavour, world-class railway stations are being developed at Gandhinagar & Surat in Gujarat and Habibganj at Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh).
People Also Viewed :
- 4 August, 2017 MoU signed between RLDA & IRCON International Limited for Redevelopment of Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station
- 8 June, 2017 Railways Working On A Roadmap To Collaborate With Malaysia To Redevelop 20 Stations
- 24 July, 2017 IRCTC Plans to Install 1100 Water Vending Machines at 450 Stations
- 5 July, 2017 9 Countries Shows Interest in Indian Railways Station Redevelopment Programme
- 30 June, 2017 Minister of Railways Lays Foundation Stone For 5 New Halt Stations Between Qazigund-Baramulla
- 27 July, 2017 Railways To Upgrade 24 railway stations To Boost Tourism
- 6 July, 2017 July 24, The New Deadline to Submit Bids for Redevelopment of Kozhikode Railway Station
- 2 June, 2017 Surat and Gandhinagar Railway Stations Upgrade
- 1 July, 2017 RLDA and NBCC sign an MoU regarding redevelopment of identified railway stations
- 7 August, 2017 Railways to Revamp Stations Without Spending a Penny, Read All Information Here