Date of Post : 08 Aug, 2017
PATNA: The Railway Board has issued directives to the concerned to make train journey more passenger friendly.
The railways has approved a proposal to accept international credit and debit cards for booking e-tickets on the IRCTC website, according to a Board official.
He said that this facility is expected to be of help to NRI visitors to the country.
- Concierge services have been made available to them at a few stations in the country, he said.
- The railways has already started alternate train accommodation scheme (Vikalp) on various routes so that passengers could opt for alternate trains to undertake their journey in case of non-availability of berths in the train of their choice.
- He said, this facility is on offer on the IRCTC website at which e-tickets are booked.
- Also, the railways has introduced a system of automatic refund in case of cancellation of RAC e-tickets.
- The official said, this facility was earlier offered only in case of cancellation of confirmed e-tickets.
- The senior citizen quota of berths in mail & express trains has also been increased, the official added.
- Also confirmed tickets can be booked even after the preparation of the reservation chart — if berths remain vacant.
- A source said, to help the elderly & physically challenged, all major stations, including Patna Junction, have been directed to offer ‘Yatri Mitra Seva’ & battery-operated vehicles to help them board or alight from trains.