Date Of Post: 17 Jan, 2018
KOCHI: The rail track doubling through Kottayam will be completed by March 2020. Once the Ernakulam- Kayamkulam doubling work will be completed, the late running of trains could be avoided in this stretch, Union Minister for Tourism & IT, Alphons Kannanthanam said, after the review meeting held in Kochi with Railway officials & state government officials.
- Meanwhile, the existing conventional coaches of the train running in the state will be substituted with modern LHB (Linke Hofmann Busch) coaches soon, Rajesh Agarwal, Executive Director (Joint Ventures) of Railway, said.
- Kannanthanam said, the Ernakulam-Kayamkulam stretch has been divided into 4 blocks-
- The 8km Kuruppanthara-Ettumanoor & 9km Ettumanoor-Kottayam stretches will be doubled by May 31.
- The doubling work on the Kottayam-Chingavanam (9km) & Chingavanam-Changanassery (8km) stretches will be completed by March 31.
- Instructions have been issued to the District Collector to speed up the acquisition of land.
Image Credit: Sreejithk2000 – Wikimedia Commons