Date of Post: June 16, 2017
Sonepat: On Thursday, a senior officer said here, a rail coach refurbishing & rehabilitation factory would be set up in Haryana’s Sonepat district.
The project costing about Rs 600 crore (approx US$ 92.31 Million), would be set up in the Industrial Estate of Barhi in Sonepat district.
* HSIIDC Managing Director Raja Sekhar Vundru said,“Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has approved the project and a memorandum of understanding (MoU) would soon be signed between the Ministry of Railways and Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (HSIIDC).”
* Vundru said,“The project will provide job opportunities to hundreds of youth, besides kicking off economic development through ancillarisation.”
* The HSIIDC has agreed to allot 161.48 acres of land on leasehold basis to the ministry for setting up the project, he said.
* He said, the project would refurbish 500 – 700 rail coaches every year.
* Vundru added,“The component of manufacturing would be added to the project subsequently. A senior-level team from the Ministry of Railways has already met Haryana government officials to discuss the project in detail.”