Date Of Post: 22 May, 2018
New Delhi: The Rail Coach Factory (RCF), Kapurthala is all set to roll out the 19-coach rake of the Delhi-Chandigarh Tejas Express in the next 2 days, RCF General Manager Satya Prakash Trivedi said on Monday.
- The coaches will be handed over to the Northern Railway, and the Railway Board will decide about the date and the time to run the Tejas Express.
- This is the 2nd rake of the semi-high speed train that can achieve speeds up to 160 kmph.
- Trivedi said, the first rake of the Tejas Express was rolled out in June last year and is successfully plying on the Mumbai-Goa section.
- He said, 2 more rakes would be rolled out by July.
Features that have been added to the 2nd rake include-
- Remote-controlled venetian windows and sensor-based doors inside coaches
- vacuum toilets like those on planes to save water
- Luxury chair cars with LCD screens and personalised infotainment systems
- Touch-less sanitary wares such as taps & soap dispensers
- Chief Public Relations Officer S K Kapoor said, these coaches are fitted with improved couplers, which will provide a jerk-free and comfortable ride at high speeds.
- He said, the rake has pneumatic disc brakes, and dust proof and sealed inter-car gangways, which will reduce sound levels.
- Passengers will also have access to facilities such as WiFi, he added.
- Kapoor said, the 2nd rake of coaches have fine and aesthetically pleasing interiors as that inside an aeroplane.
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .