Date Of Post: 22 May, 2018
New Delhi: The Rail Coach Factory (RCF), Kapurthala is all set to roll out the 19-coach rake of the Delhi-Chandigarh Tejas Express in the next 2 days, RCF General Manager Satya Prakash Trivedi said on Monday.
The coaches will be handed over to the Northern Railway, and the Railway Board will decide about the date and the time to run the Tejas Express.
- This is the 2nd rake of the semi-high speed train that can achieve speeds up to 160 kmph.
- Trivedi said, the first rake of the Tejas Express was rolled out in June last year and is successfully plying on the Mumbai-Goa section.
- He said, 2 more rakes would be rolled out by July.
Features that have been added to the 2nd rake include-
- Remote-controlled venetian windows and sensor-based doors inside coaches
- vacuum toilets like those on planes to save water
- Luxury chair cars with LCD screens and personalised infotainment systems
- Touch-less sanitary wares such as taps & soap dispensers
- Chief Public Relations Officer S K Kapoor said, these coaches are fitted with improved couplers, which will provide a jerk-free and comfortable ride at high speeds.
- He said, the rake has pneumatic disc brakes, and dust proof and sealed inter-car gangways, which will reduce sound levels.
- Passengers will also have access to facilities such as WiFi, he added.
- Kapoor said, the 2nd rake of coaches have fine and aesthetically pleasing interiors as that inside an aeroplane.