Date Of Post: 20 Mar, 2018
Kapurthala: The passengers of the Delhi-Chandigarh section will soon enjoy a comfortable high speed ride as the Rail Coach Factory (RCF), Kapurthala is all set to roll out the 2nd rake of 19 coaches of the Tejas Express by April 20, a senior official said. The first rake of Tejas coaches capable of running at 200 kmph was rolled out in June last year and was successfully running on the Mumbai-Goa section.
- RCF General Manager Satya Prakash Trivedi, who recently took charge of the factory, confirmed the roll-out of the coaches by April 20.
- He said, these coaches would be handed over to the Northern Railways and the Railway Board would decide the date & time of its running.
- Two more rakes of Tejas coaches would be rolled out by June, he said.
- Chief Mechanical Engineer P C Gupta said, these coaches are fitted with improved couplers that would provide a jerk-free & comfortable ride at a high speed.
- Facilities like wi-fi and a mechanism where passengers can call attendants by using the bell attached to panel have been added, Gupta said.
The coaches would have features like-
- Remote-controlled venetian curtains
- Provision of vacuum toilets like in aeroplanes
- Sensor-based automatic sliding doors inside the compartment
- Luxury chair cars with LCD screens
- Personalised infotainment systems
Image Credit: Western Railway