Date of Post: 05 Nov, 2018
The new rail coach factory in Latur, Maharashtra, will roll out coaches by 2020. Rajesh Agarwal, member of Rolling Stock, Railway Board, said work for building the factory will start within a month. The tendering process for building the rail coach factory has been completed, he said. An investment of Rs 500 crore has been set aside for this rail coach factory in Latur, Rajesh Agarwal, member Rolling stock railway board, said on Saturday at the ‘Maha conference on railways and metro’ organised by Mahratta chamber of commerce, industries and agriculture (MCCIA).
- The project, which is expected to provide employment to 30,000 people in the region, will in the 1st phase manufacture 250 coaches annually, increasing it to 400 in Phase 2.
- The Rail coach factory at Latur will manufacture train sets, coaches for Metro, MEMU & will also create industrial ecosystem of ancillary units & promote industries.
- The coach factory will come up on 150 acres of land.
- The proposed rail coach factory is intended to create an industrial ecosystem in this drought-prone region and help boost shift from agriculture to industry and arrest the heavy migration from that region.
- This project will massively benefit ‘Make in India’, and bring employment to a large number of people.
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .