Date of Post: 27 Sep, 2017
Mumbai: The infrastructure & defence stocks of Reliance Group were up after ambitious plans for each of the group companies, including Reliance Infrastructure, Reliance Power and Reliance Naval & Engineering, were announced by the Group Chairman.
Addressing the shareholders of RInfra at its 88th AGM, Reliance Group chairman Anil Ambani said the company will be joining hands with Japanese companies for the over Rs 1 lakh crore bullet train project.
- RInfra will be joining the Japanese in building the country’s first bullet train project connecting Mumbai with Ahmedabad, he said.
- Ambani said,”We are deeply engaged and involved with a number of Japanese companies through joint ventures for the over Rs 1 lakh crore bullet train project and we will participate in this ambitious project.”
Mumbai Metro One “a world class” asset
- Describing the 11.8 km long Mumbai Metro One as “a world class” Ambani said, the metro experience will stand us in good stead as we look to leverage our experience in running Mumbai Metro One to run the operation & maintenance of other metros, as the new metro law allows for private players to manage metro services as O&M player.
- He said,”We are the leading contender in the country for offering this service.”
- The company will leverage the Mumbai metro to its power generation vertical by installing rooftop solar power installations on Mumbai Metro One line, he added.